Natural skincare treatments to do at home
Natural and easy ways to help your skin, body and mind at home during the covid 19 virus.
What you will need
Salt, oil, warm water, any bowl to fit hands or feet in, and a towel
1. Wash hands or feet
2. 1 handful of salt into a clean bowl of fresh very warm water
mix salt in to the water with.
3. put hands or feet into the bowl of warm salt water and leave to soak for 5 to 10 minutes
4. after desired time take hands or feet out of the salt water and gently dry with a towel.
5. mix 1 tablespoon of oil with 2 to 3 table spoons of salt together
6. use the mixture to scrub hands or feet with (light circular movements on hands and tops of feet) Firm circular movements on the bottom of feet. The salt scrub can also be used on the rest of your body. (Avoid face and neck)
7. rinse feet with warm water and gently dry
8. apply coconut oil, almond oil or an oil you may have in your food cupboard (quarter teaspoon)
Apply more for excessive dry skin, wear cotton mittens or socks to bed
The soak can be used every 3 -4 times a week
The scrub once or twice a week
Moisturise every night
Benefits of this treatment on your hands and feet
Salt contains many minerals (especially Sea salt, Himalayan salt and Epsome salts)
One of these minerals is magnesium which acts as an anti inflammatory. Mineral rich salts will also help to soften your skin.
If you work for the NHS, or work as a hairdresser, beautician, carer or any other profession which requires you to wash your hands several times a day with anti-bacterial solution or wash, this treatment is a must to relieve sore tired skin on your hands and feet.
Coconut oil- Anti fungal, anti-bacterial and moisturising, absorbs easily in to the skin, also aids the production of collagen. if you don't have coconut oil please use one you do have